Sunday, November 29, 2009

Found it!

One quiet day in November 2009 at work a colleague says he wants to buy a project car and would love to get a Sandman.  The lightbulb goes off in my head as I used to own one back in the early 1980's and have been tinkering with the idea of finding one again.  But kids, houses, work etc would stop me from fulfilling a lost boys dream for many years.

It so happened that very day I had a quick look online for any Sandman's for sale, there were 4.  3 of them were questionable if they were original 'real deal' Sandmans - in the past many people bought the standard panelvan and added or modified it to look like a Sandman.  But that would not be right in my book, it has to be a real Sandy!

I contacted the seller of a blue HJ 1976 Sandman and had a quick chat, within the hour I was sending the deposit and making arrangements to have it shipped to my home (700km away).

Talk about spontaneous, now the hard work begins!


Photos of the advertised car - I was told never buy a car sight unseen... well this is the exception that disproves the rule (I hope)!!!







Honesty goes a long way, so I asked the seller to provide photos of rust, and expecting the worst I was pleasantly surprised.





















No comments:

Post a Comment